Free@home is a collection of devices interconnected together into a single ecosystem that can be configured to have specific behaviors. This driver communicates with your free@home system to integrate its devices into the BLI family.
Prerequisites for using the free@home cloud API
- A system access point with at least version 2.2.4 must be available.
- The end-user must have an ABB myBUILDINGS/myBUSCH-JAEGER account.
Connecting to the system
Configuration on the Busch-Jaeger web:
- Connect the system access point to the myBUSCH/myBUSCH-JAEGER cloud with that account.
- To do this, go to Settings -> myBuildings/myBUSCH-JAEGER -> Connection on the system access point with a browser.
- Enable the free@home API support setting under Settings -> myBUILDINGS/myBUSCH-JAEGER -> Connection on the system access point.
- After the first connection attempt using the free@home cloud API, the end-user must grant access to the system access point. (Logging into the system access point with a browser will display a message box asking for that permission.)
Connection settings and configuration on the BeoLiving Intelligence
- Login with your ABB account by clicking “Link” beside the “Linked As” field. You will be asked for your credentials, and after successful entry, you are ready to go!
Available resources (RESOURCE TYPE)
You currently have four supported types:
- Thermostat (AC THERMOSTAT): Any thermostat or temperature device in the installation.
- Shade (SHADE): Any blind/shade device in the installation.
- Dimmer (DIMMER): Multilevel lights in your installation.
- Lamp (DIMMER): Lamp resources are simple ON/OFF switches. When controlling, 0 means OFF, and any other positive number means ON.
Resources for this system should be added using the discovery feature and not with a manual address.
To add the resources:
- Click the ‘Import resources’ button, then ‘Load resource from connected system’. It might take a few minutes.
- All discovered resources on your installation will appear. Choose a zone and click ‘Add’ to finish the setup.
All resources are capable of sending STATE_UPDATE events with varying information.
- Dimmer/Lamp/Shade: Send LEVEL.
- Thermostats: Send Eco Mode, Fan Auto, Mode, Setpoint, and Temperature values.
Press the “Capture” button, and executed events sent by the systems in your installation (that you can normally find in Tools–>Monitor) will appear so that you can select them and use them to trigger functions.
- AC Thermostat commands:
- SET ECO MODE: Set to True or False.
- SET FAN AUTO: Set to True or False.
- SET MODE: Set to Auto, Heat, Cool, and OFF.
- SET SETPOINT: Desired Value.
- Dimmer/Lamp commands:
- SET: Set the dimmer level between 0 and 100.
- Shade commands:
v0.1 | 10/09/2020
- Initial version.
v0.2 | 07/10/2020
- Improvements in-line setup help.
v0.3 | 28/02/2023
- Improvements in handling of shade status.
v0.4 | 07/3/2023
- Improves handling of non existant resources
Please report any issues with this driver to: email@example.com