The QMotion QIS Shades driver on the Beolink Gateway integrates all individual QMotion Shades and Shade Groups configured in QMotion QIS. The standard SHADE commands SET LEVEL, RAISE, LOWER and STOP are available for all resource types. The standard SHADE LEVEL status is only available for individual shade resources.
Connecting to the system
Communication with QMotion QIS Shades it’s made through serial communication via an RS485 interface. Since Beolink Gateway supports only RS232 serial communication using a USB adapter, an RS232-RS485 converter will be needed for establishing the communication.
Channel settings are:
- Poll Interval : Polling interval for status request (default to 30 seconds).
The available resource type is:
- Qmotion Blind/Shade: Any Blind/Shade device in the installation.
- QMotion Group of Blinds/Shades: Any Group of Blinds/Shades in the installation.
- Qmotion Blind/Shade: Every single Shade is uniquely identified by a number of 8 bytes in hexadecimal format.
- QMotion Group of Blinds/Shades: Every Shade Group is uniquely identified by a number of 2 bytes in hexadecimal format.
Commands, Events and States
Commands are the same for both resource types:
- SET: Set level position of Group/Shade.
- RAISE: Set to maximum level of Group/Shade.
- LOWER: Set to minimum level of Group/Shade.
- STOP: Stop level transition of Group/Shade.
Only QMotion Blind/Shade contains LEVEL state:
- LEVEL: Level position of Shade/Blind.