BLI has a button on it’s upper side which provides several functions during normal operation.
To execute a function, press and hold the setup button. This will cycle through all available functions as indicated by the LED blinking (it will blink once for function 1, after a while it will blink twice for function 2 and so on).
Release the button when you get to the desired function number, where the LED will start to blink waiting for a confirmation. Press the button again in order to confirm the function execution.
- Function 1: Reserved.
- Function 2: Set admin username’s password to “admin” (valid for the following) 5 minutes. Check the Setup interface section for further information.
- Function 3: Set network settings to fixed IP (192.168.1.10).
- Function 4: Set network settings to use DHCP.
- Function 5: Erase all configuration and settings.
In addition to being used to confirm the input function, a single press during normal operation is used to fire System events (refer to BeoLiving Intelligence PRO User Guide).
Step by step example
- With the BLI in normal operation (green light on), PRESS & HOLD the button
- The light will go off, and after a couple of seconds it will flash RED once
- DO NOT RELEASE the button, the light will flash red twice, go off, flash three times, four and then five
- After you see it flash five times, release the button
- The light should now start flashing green and yellow, SHORT PRESS the button to confirm
- The BeoLiving Intelligence will now erase all configuration and settings, this may take up to a minute
A video example showing the use of Function 2 to set the BLI’s password to “admin” is available here.